Jet may refer to:
Aerospace[edit | edit source]
- Jet engine
- Jet aircraft
- Jet Airways, an airline based in India serving domestic and international routes
- JetLite, subsidiary of Jet Airways
- JetBlue Airways, an airline based in New York
- Jetstar Airways, an Australian airline servicing domestic and International routes
- Jetsgo, a Canadian airline
Mathematics and Science[edit | edit source]
- Jet (mathematics)
- Jet bundle
- Jet (fluid), coherent stream of fluid that is projected into a surrounding medium, usually from some kind of a nozzle or aperture.
- Jet (particle physics), narrow cone of hadrons and other particles produced by the hadronization of a quark or gluon in a particle physics or heavy ion experiment.
- Polar jet, a phenomenon in astronomy, where streams of matter are emitted along the axis of rotation of a compact object.
- Relativistic jets are extremely powerful jets of plasma which emerge from the centers of some active galaxies.
- Jet (lignite), a type of coal used in some jewelry (origin of the adjective jet-black)
- Jets, a type of upper atmosphere lightning phenomena.
- Joint European Torus Experimental nuclear fusion machine.
Music[edit | edit source]
- Jet (band), an Australian rock band
- "Jet" (song), a 1973 single by Wings
- Jet (UK band), a 1970s glam rock band from England
- Jet-CD, a 1998 album by Puffy AmiYumi
- The Jets (1980s pop band), a 1980s pop, R&B, dance and religious music band from Minneapolis, Minnesota
- The Jets (rock band), a 1970s rock band from Pekin, Illinois
- Jet Records, a record label
- Joan Jett, American rock guitarist and singer
Fiction[edit | edit source]
- Jet (Wildstorm), a character from Wildstorm/DC Comics
- Jet (comics), a female character in DC comics New Guardians
- Jet Jaguar, a fictional robot from the 1973 film Godzilla vs. Megalon
- The Jets, a gang in the 1957 Broadway musical West Side Story
- Jet, a character from the TV series Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Jet, the tenth episode of the first season of the TV series Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Jet Black, a character from the anime Cowboy Bebop
- Jet the Hawk, a video game character from Sonic Riders
- Jet, a widely used drug in the Fallout 2 universe
- Jet Fusion, a cartoon character from The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
- Jet Link, who is Cyborg 002, a character from Cyborg 009
- Jet, one of the elements mentioned in the openings of the british fiction series Sapphire & Steel
- Jet Alone, a fictional robot from the Neon Genesis Evangelion anime series.
Sports[edit | edit source]
- New York Jets, an American football team
- Jet 14, a class of racing sailboats primarily located from the U.S. Atlantic coast to Ohio
- Delhi Jets, A Cricket team from Indian Cricket League
- Winnipeg Jets, a former professional hockey team
- Ipswich Jets, Australian rugby league team
- Jet, Diane Youdale, one of the stars of Gladiators
- "Jet," or "Jet Terry," nickname of Dallas Maverick Jason Terry
- Benny "The Jet" Urquidez, A kickboxer, coreographer and actor Benny Urquidez
- Newcastle United Jets, Champions of a professional football competition in Australia called the A-League.
- Newtown Jets, Australian rugby league team
- Jet, aka Monica Carlson, the Women's Champion of the first season of the 2008 revival of American Gladiators
Culture[edit | edit source]
- Journal of Economic Theory, an academic journal in the field of economics
- JETS, Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, a premier theological journal
- Jet (magazine), an African-American themed magazine
- Jet Li, Chinese martial artist, actor, Wushu champion, and international film star
- JET Programme, the Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme (teaching English)
- Jet (drinking game), a drinking game played on college campuses in the USA and elsewhere
Products and business[edit | edit source]
- jetAudio, Multimedia software product
- Microsoft Jet Database Engine, Joint Engine Technology
- Java Emitter Templates, a template engine that is part of the Eclipse EMF project
- Matra Sports Jet, a French sports car
- Jet (brand), a filling station brand name
- JET TV, a television station in Singapore and Taiwan in the Jadeworld station group
- Pump-jet, a marine propulsion mechanism for jetskis and other types of boats
- Water jet cutter, a tool for cutting and the machining of engineering materials
- Jet: a tube, nozzle, or passageway in a carburetor
Places[edit | edit source]
- Jet, Oklahoma, United States of America
Other[edit | edit source]
- Water jet (recreation), a personal-use water cannon that can be turned to spray in different directions and is usually found in water parks
- Jet of Iada A famous German Shepherd Red Cross Rescue dog who saved hundreds of lives in 1940 during the bombings of London, the Battle of Britain or the Blitz.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.